Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer.
It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 package Boursin "Garlic & Herb"
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth (More if necessary)
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Scallions
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Dice the cauliflower into small florets. Add cauliflower and veggie stock to a large sauce pan or Dutch Oven. Cover and place over medium heat.
- Cook until slightly tender. (10-12 minutes) Take off heat and add smash cauliflower with a potato masher.
- Add in the Boursin cheese and stir.
- Add S & P to taste. Sprinkle chopped scallions on top before serving.
If you are on the Weight Loss Program with Dr. Sheila Hughes we suggest speaking with Dr. Hughes if this recipe is approved for your current part of the plan. This is a great side dish for roast chicken. pork tenderloin or as a base for grilled veggies.